ThomR.com is something I’ve been contemplating for about 5 years now. It’s not a huge corporation, it’s just me giving back to the world, offering for sale things that people have said they wanted.
I’m just your average life-long “technologist”. You remember that annoying kid who always got the good grades and was the class clown, but then tutored anyone in class just for the asking? Yup, that’s me. I started teaching myself electronics when I was 9 years old, and haven’t stopped my voracious learning since.
I’ve been involved with a whole bunch of really cool products and projects over the years, including things like:
- Enhanced caller-ID unit used in AT&T 911 dispatch centers
- Sequential Circuits Prophet 3000 sampling synthesizer, and a few Yamaha and KORG keyboard and rack synths. For those I did the hardware and chip design.
- The (now ancient) Mattel Intellivision voice synthesis module, again doing the chip and system design and integration.
- Customer support, classroom training, applications engineering and technical marketing for Cascade Design Automation, and their suite of integrated-circuit CAD tools.
- Front-line, on-call computer, network and software support and maintenance for Summit General Contractors, Inc. NW, a local roads and drainage construction company.
- Programmer API, SDK and protocol documentation and samples for Microsoft Exchange and Office.
- Self-taught some mechanical design, 3D printing and CNC machining.
One thought on “About ThomR.com”